The RSC EnviroLogic® HF HP Series consists of readily biodegradable synthetic hydraulic fluids designed for extreme operating temperatures and pressures. Because they’re formulated to provide exceptional oxidation and thermal properties, these products are ideal for mobile or marine hydraulic and propulsion systems operating in environmentally sensitive areas. The hydraulic fluids can withstand temperatures as high as 250°F / 121°C or as low as -40°F / -40°C, and they can handle pressure as great as 5000+ psi. In other words, they were created with demanding jobs in mind. Plus, when compared to conventional, petroleum based hydraulic oils, the RSC EnviroLogic® HF HP Series offers superior wear protection and long changeover intervals.
ENVIROLOGIC HF HP SERIES IS THE RIGHT CHOICE AND HERE’S WHY
DESIGNED FOR PERFORMANCE IN EXTREME CONDITIONS
- Premium performance — Ashless formulation provides excellent protection against wear of hydraulic pumps, provides rust and corrosion protection, hydrolytic stability, water separability, foam inhibition, and filterability.
- Long oil life — Outstanding ability of the synthetic base stock to withstand oxidation at high operating temperatures results in maximum service life for the oil relative to vegetable-based readily biodegradable products.
- Excellent low temperature pumpability — Specifically developed with high viscosity index to ensure good low temperature fluidity for low temperature operations.
SUSTAINABILITY THAT REDUCES YOUR ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT
- Environmentally acceptable — Meets the requirements of the EPA Vessel General Permit (VGP) for biodegradation, low toxicity and low bioaccumulation.
- Zinc-free — Suited for applications involving yellow metals found in axial piston pumps.
- Stern tubes
- Pile driving equipment
- Rail construction
- Dredging equipment
- Bucket trucks
- Construction equipment
What does biodegradability actually mean?
Biodegradability is defined as the ability of a substance to be digested or consumed by naturally occurring microorganisms present in water, air and soil systems. Complete biodegradability is the conversion of a substance to carbon dioxide and water.
What differentiates Inherently Biodegradable from Readily Biodegradable?
Inherently biodegradable is defined as the characteristic of a product to be consumed by naturally occurring organisms in nature over an indefinite period of time (> 20% but < 60% as measured by OECD 301B testing). This characteristic is defined by the original composition of the product). Readily biodegradable is defined as the ability of a product to biodegrade quickly and completely (≥ 60% by OECD 301/ASTM D7373 testing).